This is a classic chicken noodle soup recipe that you can make in less than 1 hour. Most of these ingredients you will already have in your cabinet at home. This recipe is loaded with everything to make a deluxe bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Chicken noodle soup is the perfect soup for when you are sick at home or just not feeling so well. It’s easy to eat and easy to make! The best of both worlds…
Feeds: 2 people
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup onions
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp parsely
- 1 pinch thyme
- In a large pot, heat butter on medium high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and saute everything until the veggies are slightly tender.
- Add ginger, garlic and saute them for a couple minutes, making sure not to burn them.
- Add broth, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper and bring everything to a boil.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and let it all cook for about 10 minutes or until the noodles become soft.
- Note: If you like more broth in your soup, you can add some more water or broth and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken and parsley and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Check the flavor to see if you need to add more herbs or spices.
- Toss the bay leaf and garnish with some fresh parsley or thyme or green onions and enjoy!