This orchard chicken salad recipe is the best of the best. It’s my grandmothers super secret recipe that has been locked away for decades. I’m finally bringing it to the world here and only here on DRRR. Continue below for the recipe.
You can eat this orchard chicken salad for lunch or dinner. We really love to make this before heading out for a day of picnicking and exploring. It’s nice to have a big batch of orchard chicken salad ready to go. It makes a really easy meal. You can eat it just the salad by itself, you can add it to bread and make a sandwich, or even add it to lettuce and have yourself a real ‘orchard chicken salad salad’!
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Feeds: 4 people
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 oz dijon mustard
- 4 oz mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 apples diced into squares
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- any other dried fruits you may enjoy (apricots, etc.)
- Cook all chicken thoroughly and dice or shred into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, mustard, mayonnaise, onion, celery, cranberries, sunflower seeds, apples, and any other dried fruits you may enjoy.
- After throughout mixing your main ingredients, taste your salad and athen add salt and pepper as needed to taste.
- Add your touch of dried parsley to give it some color.
- Enjoy immediately or move to reusable container and place in the refrigerator to keep it for up to 5 days.
Some of my favorite recipes are the easiest ones to make, and enjoy… Cheers folks!