We’ve all had a good ol’ grilled cheese sandwich many of times. Why not change up your favorite classic and add some delicious bacon to it? Pair this with your (or your man’s) favorite bowl of soup on the side of this sandwich for dipping and you’ll have made a really delicious lunch. Personally, I love dipping these sandwiches in tomato soup!
You can cook this sandwich from start to finish in less than 10 minutes and you’re ready to eat. All you need is a skillet. Easy game.
Feeds: 1 person
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 slices of pepperjack cheese
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked slightly crispy
- salt and pepper to taste
- First cook your bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, flipping often. Pull it out and set it on paper towels just after it starts to look crispy brown. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and put one of the slices butter side down on the skillet, still over medium heat.
- Layer one slice of pepperjack cheese on the slice of bread in the pan.
- Cut your three pieces of crispy bacon into six even pieces. Stack them on top of the pepperjack cheese.
- Layer the second slice of pepperjack cheese on top of your bacon.
- Place the other slice of wheat bread on top of the sandwich, butter side up.
- Now you’ve got the fully assembled sandwich in your pan. Flip the sandwich over once the bread on the bottom is crispy and the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Once flipped, let the sandwich continue cooking for another minute or two before removing it from the pan. You’ll know it when all the cheese looks melted.
- Cut the sandwich in half, and enjoy!
This is another recipe that requires little prep and virtually no cleanup. Enjoy!
Categories: Sandwich Recipes