This crockpot chili recipe is quite easy to make and very delicious! The sweet potato goes so well with the tomato sauce and the spices. You will definitely enjoy the taste. If you can’t think of any recipe to prepare during your Paleo diet, this one is great to try.
Feeds: 6 People
Time: 8 Hours
- 1 Pound of Ground Turkey (Or Chicken)
- One Can 28-Ounce Whole Tomatoes
- One 6-Ounce Can Tomato Paste
- 2 & ½ Pounds of Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Onion (Diced in Small Pieces)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ancho Chili Powder (id you don’t have it another normal powder like above)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Lime wedges, cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, grated cheddar
Place the turkey meat, onions, garlic, spices and salt in the crockpot. Mix everything together. Take the sweet potatoes and cut their edges and any bad parts off. Cut them into quarter lengthwise and then cut them again in cubes of 1 and a half inch. Put the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker on top of the turkey.
Take the whole tomatoes and the tomato paste and put them in a kitchen blender. Mix them until they’re not completely smooth. Place the mixture in the crockpot, on top of the sweet potatoes and turn it to low. Cook for around 8 – 10 hours, until the sweet potatoes are cooked. You can add which toppings you prefer before saving. Enjoy this delicious Paleo friendly recipe and let us know if you liked it.